"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Friday, March 01, 2002

I am home early on a Friday Night because the Other Dept. Head (an otherwise decent guy) decided that the tiff myself and my supervisor were having wouldn't bother him at all - If I wasn't there. I am probably going to be called in on Moday for a little tete-a-tete with MY dept. head (he wasn't available at the time of said tiff) to Explain My Actions. This marks the third or fourth such meeting I have had in the last few months. Coincidentally, this supervisor has only been on the job for the last few months. Is it just me? Previous to this period I have had 3 or 4 such meetings over the last SEVEN YEARS. For mistakes made, not for some petty personality conflict. Either that, or I have been pulling BS the whole time I have worked there and this particular supervisor has a sufficiently low BS threshold that he isn't going to let me get away with it any longer. I am feeling a little conflicted right now because I can see validity in BOTH viewpoints.

I need a change...

I DON'T want to change jobs. Granted, there are some advantages: my severance payment would probably get rid of our current debt. (not mortgage, tho') Perhaps I will find something MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! Optimism aside, the current salary and benefits I enjoy took a long time to build. Starting over somewhere else would put a SERIOUS crimp in our finances. The thought of slogging along for several years to recover what I have now, just drains me.

No comments: