"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A new personal best today...

...On account of the RAIN.

Boy, it's awful riding in the rain. The new bike has no fenders (yet) so I get spray everywhere! I started "operation drip dry" a while ago, and today was the first field test.

It worked. My rain gear doesn't really keep out the rain, but it does keep off the dirt. The baggies I had over my shoes to keep them dry did the job, BUT...

...You can't walk around much with baggies on your feet, the bags get chafed and ripped the more you walk in them. The effectiveness of the bags as spray shields goes down considerably. The only solution is to remain in the saddle for the entire ride.

I've never been able to climb to the top of the Nordel Bluff without walking at least part of the way; until today. I have probably had the oomph to climb the Nordel Hill for a little while now, but this was the first time I mustered the determination to DO it. Next Challenge: being able to ride all the way (ALL the way) up Wiltshire st.

Laurie answered a phone quiz about "transportation issues" in Delta and got a map showing all of the municipal riding, hiking, and equestrian trails in North and South Delta for her trouble. Must take Coral out riding, now that I have a decent map; we can go exploring.

No comments: