"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Well, it doesn't run anymore.

I am beginning to re-think my "junkers on parade" strategy of vehicle ownership. With the death of yet another vehicle in only the past six months. It beggars belief that this one only lasted about six weeks. Live and learn...at least I didn't pay that much for it.

On to the '95 van. It is newer, lower mileage, and better kept than the '94. I ought to have had it fixed by now, but there remains the specter of a cracked head...which I now have a suitable source of replacements for. I fully intend to cannibalize any and all necessary parts for the '95s engine from the 94. Ooh, that reminds me, better grab the CD player too...

Score: One dead van to the recyclers for a 50$ charitable tax receipt.

One live van once I fix the engine on it.

Some serious weight loss while I ride my Schwinn to work again.

Minimal extra expense for insurance as the vans are nearly identical.

I'm back down to owning *one* vehicle again. I wish it weren't necessary to keep the beast, but I shall have to keep it for awhile; until I can find a less "temporary" vehicle. It's really inconvenient having to fix junkers all the time. Economical, yes, but really a bother. It's not worth the time and effort, if I'm only going to have wheels for a couple of months.

No comments: