"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Well, the honeymoon with the new (to us) car is over...

sigh...

The coolant system appears to be backed up. The coolant probably hasn't been changed since the car was NEW, consequently, there are globs of glycerin with little rust-flecks and a nice rusty ring around the tank. My first fear was that there was oil in the coolant, but the globs are clear (glycerin), not black/brown (oil). Also, oil in the coolant usually leads eventually to coolant in the oil. We have no trace of coolant in the oil - yet.

So I'll be draining, flushing, and re-filling the engine coolant system soon. May also swamp out the tank to get rid of the accumulated gunk inside.

Hope the weather is good next Saturday, I'm supposed to be taking our Boy Scouts out for a quick drag around the Bay in White Rock. Hope I'm up to it, as well. My throat has been RAW since Sunday night. I managed to give Bronchitis a miss again this year, but my ears, sinuses and throat were all 'strepped out' and I am currently using pain relief and lozenges AND lavage to keep the discomfort down. I haven't been able to eat much since Monday. Sleep has been lousy, too. I would love to take the rest of the week off, but I have GOT to get out of this house! At least the Fever has subsided...


I will be taking the car to work tomorrow because: (1)I am too weak and sick to ride. (2)It will be raining tomorrow morning and I am a wimp...

Grant will be deciding the fate of his '97 Cavalier. His mechanic now claims that the rattling inside the engine is from a loose wrist pin. A loose conrod bearing would require only removing the oil pan and replacing the bearings, but a cylinder wrist pin is up higher in the engine and would require disassembly of the whole engine in order to remove the pistons so the fix could be applied. I don't think Grant has that kind of money on hand, I know I sure don't...

Nyway, it's about time for another Gargle and Spit...so I'll see ya next time!

No comments: