"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Sunday, March 09, 2008

LEAP forward!!!

I wish.

Ever have one of those weekends where nothing works? I have. In fact, I'm having one now...

The Car:

Either a vacuum leak or a combination of vacuum leak and one of the smartparts on the intake is causing a rough idle, stalling and abrupt change in revs ("hesitation" my Haynes Manual calls it). I dismantled the entire intake above the manifold, found it absolutely coated in crud and used a liberal dose of Permatex gasket maker to make certain it sealed this time.

I think I may have done something wrong.

The car ran fine...for about ten minutes. Now, all the above symptoms are back, not as severe as before mind you; but they're back.

Our home network:

I finally bought a wireless router to replace that 4 port switch we've been using to share our broadband internet between 3 (soon to be 4) systems. I promised the kids weeks ago that we'd get something on the home network with wireless capability so they could play their Wii online.

Cannot...make...it...work.

It seems that D-link and my AVG 8+ don't get along. I'm sure it's as easy as pie for someone with a real A+ certification...but it's beyond me.

Sigh.

I need to fix a bike or read a book...that's about all I feel competent to handle right now.

Let's just say I'm having a lot of difficulty keeping things together and in working order.

No comments: